A McDonald’s employee was hospitalized after a customer pepper sprayed her in the face at 11:16 p.m., Sept. 20. The employee was working the drive thru at the McDonalds, 111 Madison St., when a female customer reportedly became upset and discharged the pepper spray at the employee. The victim was transported to Rush Oak Park Hospital.
Oak Park police are investigating the instance of battery. The suspect was last seen traveling eastbound on Madison Street in a gray sedan.
Aggravated vehicular hijacking
- A Hazel Crest resident was carjacked by four men, two of whom were armed, in the 300 block of South Euclid Avenue at 7:18 p.m., Sept. 24. The victim was approached by the four men after exiting his 2011 Dodge and two of the men pulled out handguns and demanded his car keys, which were inside the vehicle. All four offenders then fled in the victim’s Dodge. The estimated loss is $10,000.
- Someone broke into an apartment unit, possibly by climbing through a rear window, then ransacked the apartment and took an Apple MacBook 13-inch laptop, a gold wedding band, a black North Face parka, Wahl hair clippers, a SurgiTel loupes surgical tool, two hard drives and a bag containing the victim’s passport, social security card, two credit cards and a spare key to the victim’s vehicle between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., Sept. 20 in the 1000 block of Washington Boulevard. The estimated loss is $4,263.
- Someone broke into a home, possibly through a bathroom window, and removed a Roomba vacuum cleaner, an air fryer, a portable ice maker, an LG flat screen television, an Apple MacBook Pro laptop, an Apple iPad, an LG camera and a Dyson vacuum cleaner between 10:57 a.m. and 8:11 p.m., Sept. 22 in the 900 block of Highland Avenue.
Motor vehicle theft
- A 2015 Dodge parked in the 400 block of South Maple Avenue was removed at about 7:16 a.m., Sept. 24. Chicago police recovered the vehicle without apprehension at 11:37 p.m., Sept. 24 in the 3000 block of South Archer Avenue in Chicago.
- A brown 2018 Kia Optima parked in the 600 block of North Humphrey Avenue was taken at about 9:39 a.m., Sept. 19. Chicago police recovered the vehicle 4:27 p.m. that afternoon without apprehension in the 5500 block of West Grand Avenue, Chicago.
- A black 2015 Kia Optima parked in the 800 block of Fillmore Street was removed between 10 p.m., Sept. 18 and 10:52 a.m., Sept. 19. The estimated loss is $14,917.
- A 2020 Ford Expedition parked in the 500 block of Lake Street was taken between 12:35 p.m. and 3:20 p.m. from the 500 block of Lake Street. The estimated loss is $70,000.
- A 2017 Volvo XC parked in the 200 block of North Scoville Avenue was stolen between 3 p.m., Sept. 18 and 3 p.m., Sept. 20. The victim’s purse, which contained a driver’s license, personal documents, a key fob, and credit and debit cards, was inside the vehicle. The estimated loss is $25,000.
- A white 2019 Toyota Highlander was taken from a residential garage with an unlocked side service door at about 7:10 a.m., Sept. 22 in the 500 block of South Humphrey Avenue. The estimated loss is $30,000.
- A dark blue 2008 Porsche Carrera parked in the 6200 block of Roosevelt Road was removed between 8 p.m., Sept. 21 and 9:45 a.m., Sep. 22. Chicago police recovered the vehicle without apprehension in 700 block of West 18th Street in Chicago at 1:46 p.m., Sept. 24.
- A blue 2019 Hyundai Elantra parked in the 1300 block of North Austin Boulevard was taken between 8 p.m., Sept. 21 and 10:49 a.m., Sept. 22. The estimated loss is $25,000.
- A black 2019 Subaru Legacy parked in the 300 block of South Grove Avenue was taken between 9 p.m., Sept. 20 and 6 a.m., Sept. 21. The vehicle was recovered by Chicago police without apprehension in the 200 block of North Pulaski Road in Chicago at 9:42 p.m., Sept. 25.
- A gold 2014 Jeep Wrangler parked in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard was taken between 1:30 a.m. and 11:50 a.m., Sept. 21. The victim later found the vehicle parked in the 400 block of South Home Avenue at 10:46 p.m., Sept. 25.
- An unlocked 2019 Jeep Wrangler parked in the 600 block of Lake Street was removed between 7:30 a.m. and 1:41 p.m., Sept. 21. The estimated loss is $20,213.
- A package was taken from the front of a residence in the 200 block of South Boulevard between 10 a.m. and 12:28 p.m., Sept. 19. The estimated loss is $30.
- The front passenger’s side wheel of a Cadillac was stolen between 3 p.m. and 7:55 p.m., Sept. 19. The estimated loss is $200.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports through Sept. 20 to Sept. 26 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.